Start a Quote

Property Coverage for Education

Helping you maintain a quality learning environment.

Provide the best learning experience for your students and staff. Protect your primary school and higher learning environments with GuideOne Insurance. GuideOne offers property coverage specifically designed for educational institutions.

GuideOne’s property insurance for colleges and schools covers buildings, contents, signs, property in the open, fences and more.

  • Arson, theft or vandalism information reward
  • Automated External Defibrillators (AED)
  • Blanket coverage for fire extinguisher and automatic fire suppression system recharge when used to combat a fire
  • Earthquake sprinkler leakage
  • Emergency evacuation
  • Equipment breakdown, including computers, boilers, and electrical equipment
  • Indirect loss – protection when a direct loss causes and interruption to your operations resulting in a loss of business income, or in extra expense
  • Newly acquired or constructed property
  • Ordinance or law – when building updates are required by ordinance following a covered loss
  • Personal effects and property of others – coverage for your teachers and students for damage to their personal property due to a covered loss
  • Sewer, drain or sump backup or overflow up to the policy limit, subject to the policy deductible
  • Utility services interruption (direct damage and time element). For example, a storm knocks out usage of your utilities and causes damage

Additional Coverages

Customize your coverage to your facility’s needs. The following coverages can be added to your policy at a modest charge for even greater property protection:

  • Crime Coverage protects for losses resulting from theft, employee dishonesty, computer fraud, forgery, and alteration
  • Electronic Data Processing covers direct physical loss to your computer hardware and software
  • Green Upgrade coverage pays for the reasonable additional costs to upgrade to more energy efficient, environmentally friendly building elements
  • Inland Marine covers property that may be transported from one place to another, as well as unique types of property and possessions of artistic merit
  • Limited Flood coverage provides building and personal property coverage on a limited basis when loss or damage is a direct result of flood
  • Time Element coverage helps pay for expenses incurred to continue operations and business income that was lost following a covered loss

Talk to a GuideOne agent about educational property insurance that may be available in your area, including the Special Form, our most complete coverage. The Special Cause of Loss Form includes coverage for direct physical loss to insured property.*

Looking for additional coverage for your school or seminary? Ask about GuideOne’s Liability coverage.  

*This information is only a general description of the available coverages and is not a contract. In an effort to keep your policy coverages affordable, the actual policy contains certain limitations and exclusions. Please refer to your insurance policy for the pertinent contract language and coverages. Some coverages or discounts are not available in all states.