Getting started and troubleshooting payment help.
Important: In order to view your account detail online, including making payments online as described below, you must first register your account. If you need help registering your GuideOne Account, visit My Account Help.
Payments are accepted seven days a week, between 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. Central Time.
- Cancel a Payment
- Cancel a Policy
- Payments on Canceled Policies
- Received Cancellation Notice but Made Recent Payment
- Billing Information Does Not Appear Online
- “Invalid Amount” Error Message
- Lost Invoice
- Paying Policy Coverage Change: Please contact your agent to assist you
- Payment Made on Wrong Account: Please contact your agent to transfer the payment
- Pay in person or by calling your GuideOne agent directly. (Agents cannot accept payments made by voicemail.)
- Pay by mail directly to GuideOne Insurance using the envelope provided with your statement. Important: Enclose your payment invoice and include the policy number on the memo line of your check. Mail payments: GuideOne Insurance P.O. Box 14599 Des Moines, IA 50306 Overnight mail payments: GuideOne Insurance Attention: Centralized Receipts 1111 Ashworth Road West Des Moines, IA 50265
- Pay online. There is NO FEE for making online payments. You must register on GuideOne.com or on your agent’s website to set up your account. (In the Customer Logon box, click the New User link.)
- Commercial Lines policyholders may make a one-time withdrawal by e-check from a checking or savings account or pay by setting up a monthly Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) plan. Contact your agent for details. Commercial policyholders cannot store banking information, and credit card payments are not available.
If you want to split payments between two checking accounts, or use more than one method of payment, please contact your agent to assist you.
The payment amount must be equal to or greater than the minimum due, but less than or equal to the total unpaid balance, as shown on your invoice. To see the minimum due and the total unpaid balance online, log on to your account. If your billing information does not display, please contact your agent.
If you try to make a payment less than the minimum due or more than the maximum due on a policy, you will receive the Invalid Amount message. You can only make payments up to the total unpaid balance but not less than the minimum due. To make a payment outside this amount, please contact your GuideOne agent.
Payment Post Dates
- Payments are posted to your account within 24 to 48 business hours.
- Holiday or weekend payments usually take longer to process.
- Most payments are applied to your policy after 6 a.m. on the day after the payment is received.
- Payments made on weekends are posted to your policy the second business day of the week, usually Tuesday.
Scheduled credit card and e-check payments.
- A scheduled credit card payment will not authorize/process until the day it is scheduled.
- A scheduled e-check payment will not process until the scheduled date.
EFT payments before/after scheduled withdrawals.
- You may make your payment online seven (7) days before the scheduled EFT withdrawal, and the system will not deduct your scheduled EFT withdrawal.
- However, if you make a payment fewer than seven days before your scheduled EFT withdrawal, the payment may not prevent the scheduled EFT payment from being debited from your account.
How to Cancel a Payment
Call your GuideOne agent to assist you.
- Payments can be canceled before 4:30 P.M. Central time on the day that the payment was made.
- Payments made on weekends can be canceled on Monday before 4:30 P.M. Central time.
Payments on Canceled Policies
Making a payment on a canceled policy: If there is premium due, you can make a payment on your canceled policy. However, the payment does not ensure reinstatement of the policy.
Received Cancellation Notice After Making a Payment
The payment and bill may have crossed paths in the mail. Log on to this site using your User ID and current password, and then click the Billing link to determine the balance due on your account.
If your billing information does not appear for this policy, or you need additional information on your payment, please contact our agency directly.
How to Cancel Your Policy
We must receive all cancellation requests in writing. Please mail your request directly to your agent. Include the following information:
- Policy number
- Policyholder name
- Reason for the cancellation
- Date of cancellation
- Your signature
To determine your balance due, log on to your account on GuideOne.com or your agent website. Then using your User ID and current password, view your statement to determine the balance due on your account. If your account billing information does not appear online, please contact your agent directly.
Online Payment Confirmation
Commercial policyholders: After you click the Submit button, you will receive a confirmation notice on the web page. You will also be sent an email confirmation.
- If you did not receive an online confirmation, please attempt to make another payment. If you receive a “Payment is pending” response from the system, then your original payment was received. The system will not accept two payments in the same day.
- If you do not receive an email confirmation, please update your profile information to validate that the email you provided when you created your User ID is still valid. An accurate email address will assure that you receive an email confirmation for future payments.
Update/Verify Your Email
Log on to your account on GuideOne.com or your agent’s website, and then click the Update Profile link.
Billing Information Does Not Appear Online
If your policy billing information is not online, you can make a payment directly to your agent or by mailing a payment to GuideOne. Learn more about payment methods.
“Invalid Amount” Error Message
- If you try to make a payment less than the minimum due or more than the maximum due on a policy, you will receive the Invalid Amount message.
- You can only make payments up to the total unpaid balance but not less than the minimum due.
- To make a payment outside this amount, please contact your GuideOne agent.