The work you do for others is unparalleled.
Our customized coverage will ensure that you can keep spreading kindness.
At GuideOne, we empower and champion our customers in their quest to do good — for their communities and the world. Our customized coverages, broad array of risk management resources and superior market expertise help protect investments to keep changemakers like you moving forward.
Our nonprofit insurance programs are designed to protect nonprofit organizations like yours, helping you advance your mission while providing exceptional insurance, risk management and value-added services.
Interested in learning more about a tailored insurance and risk management program for your nonprofit segment? Visit the pages for our segments below:
Animal Protection & Welfare Program
Helping animal shelters and animal rescue organizations provide compassionate treatment to animals.
Arts & Humanities Program
Protecting museums, theaters and other arts organizations so they can continue to inspire.
Charity & Fundraising Program
Driving positive change by helping nonprofits achieve their philanthropic goals.
Community Service Providers Program
Supporting organizations that provide services to community members in need.
Community Support Program
Safeguarding organizations that assist individuals with job and career support.
Food & Shelter Providers Program
Championing food banks, thrift stores and shelters that provide for those in need.
Aging Services Program
Providing support for organizations that care for patients who are terminally or chronically ill.
Behavioral Health & Crisis Intervention Program
Protecting those who offer counseling and rehabilitation for others.
Developmentally Disabled Program
Offering security for those providing care for children and adults with medical or behavioral conditions.
Parachurch Organization Program
Dedicated to protecting the causes and missions of religious organizations.
Pregnancy & Maternity Counseling Program
Supporting organizations that provide education, counseling and/or shelter for pregnant adolescents and women.
Youth Services Organization
Helping nonprofits focused on helping disadvantaged and at-risk youth with education and rehabilitation.
To accommodate the special considerations that arise at every community organization, we offer competitively priced specialty policies with the highest levels of coverage, designed to complement your insurance plan.
- Business Automobile
- International Travel Coverage
- Workers’ Compensation
For an association or trade group, the GuideOne Connections program can also provide affinity partnership opportunities to generate revenue opportunities and resources to help you add values for your members.
- Revenue opportunities
- Specialized and comprehensive insurance tailored to your organization’s specific needs
- Risk management expertise and resources to help you avoid potential losses
- A partner dedicated to advancing your mission
From small nonprofits to large, complex organizations, we have the coverage to meet the needs of your clients. Whether it’s property, liability, workers’ compensation or one of our many other liability coverage options, we will work with you to develop a customized program for your nonprofit client.
Our full line of coverages and services are specifically designed for the issues nonprofits face, covering standard items as well as items that are unique to organizations, such as administrator’s personal property; the personal effects and property of others, such as items lost during work-related travel; lease cancellation or moving expenses; outdoor signs; automated external defibrillators (AED) and more.
The Extra Property Coverages included in the Basic, Broad, and Special Policies include:
- Newly Acquired or Newly Constructed Property (180 days)
- Personal Property Excess Coverage for Administrators, Officers or Directors and for Personal Property of Others for business purposes at replacement cost
- Personal Effects and Property of Others Off-premises (Worldwide)
- Valuable Papers and Records, Cost of Research (other than Electronic Data)
- Electronic Data – replace or restore
- Lease Cancellation Moving Expenses
- Ordinance or Law:
- Value of Undamaged Portions of the building that must be demolished
- Demolition Costs and Debris Removal for undamaged buildings
- Increased Cost of Construction
- Appurtenant Buildings and Property in the Open
- Property Off-Premises, including Property In-Transit (Worldwide)
- Total for Trees, Shrubs, Plants and Lawns
- Indirect Loss for any one or combination of the following:
- Business Income including Rental Value
- Extra Expense
- Emergency Evacuation including Civil Authority
- Civil Authority
- Alterations and New Buildings
- Crisis Event
- Outdoor Signs
- Lock Repair or Replacement
- Information Reward: Arson, Theft, and Vandalism
- Sewer, Drain or Sump Backup or Overflow
- Actual cost for Fire Department Service Charge
- Pollutant Cleanup and Removal
- Debris Removal included in Building Limit (25% maximum), $50,000 Additional Available Limit
- Radio, Television Antennas and Satellite Dishes
- Fire Extinguisher and Automatic Fire Suppression Recharge
- Refrigerated Products Loss
- Earthquake Sprinkler Leakage
- Utility Services – Direct Damage
- Utility Services – Time Element
- Non-Owned Detached Trailers
- Maintenance Equipment Coverage
- Automated External Defibrillator Coverage
- Accounts Receivable Coverage
- Fire and Security Alarm System Upgrade (Limited to 25% of loss)
- Loss Data Preparation Expenses
You have the ability to tailor your policy to address your nonprofit’s specific needs with additional endorsements that offer more financial protection. This includes many options that exceed industry standards because we believe you deserve the very best we can offer.
- Crime Coverage — Provides protection for money and security losses resulting from theft, employee dishonesty, forgery and alteration.
- Computer Fraud Coverage — Covers the loss of money, securities and other tangible personal property caused by computer fraud by non-employees.
- Inland Marine Coverage — A broad type of insurance for valuable possessions that are considered unique, or may be transported from one place to another.
- Green Upgrade Coverage — Pays for the reasonable additional costs to upgrade to more energy efficient and environmentally friendly building elements and appliances in the event of a covered loss.
- Key Person Replacement Coverage — Provides for the reimbursement of recruitment expenses to replace a senior or executive director who dies in a work-related accident.
- Limited Flood Coverage — Provides building and personal property coverage on a limited basis when loss or damage is a direct result of flood.
- Earthquake Sprinkler Leakage — Provides coverage for building and personal property should the sprinkler leak due to an earthquake.
Don’t let anything slow you down from the valuable work you do. GuideOne’s General Liability insurance can help protect you from the unexpected.
In addition to property coverage, we offer nonprofit protection from legal liability on an occurrence basis with no deductible in most standard situations when the facility is legally liable for damages. This covers most common situations, as well as enhancements such as libel, slander and defamation; counseling services performed by your administrators, volunteers or employees; and covered expenses resulting from a crisis event occurring during an activity sponsored by your organization.
- Who Is An Insured – extended to include:
- Architects, engineers or surveyors
- Your Employees, Board or Council Members, Trustees or Officials, Volunteers
- Any Organization authorized and controlled by you
- Newly-Acquired and Formed Organizations (same or similar business)
- Automatic Additional Insured status for: Lessor of Land; State or Political Subdivision; Mortgagee, Assignee, or Receiver; and Co-owners of premises
- Waiver of Subrogation
- Liberalization Clause
- Broadened Bodily Injury
- Worldwide Coverage
- Counseling Liability – Licensed or Fee-based
- Director and Officers Liability
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Defense Costs – including Court Costs and Attorney’s Fees
- Employment Practices Liability
- Incidental Professional Liability – provides two types of coverage:
- Medical professionals who provide written confirmation of medical malpractice insurance
- Current medical license and provides professional liability coverage for an organization’s administrator or medical director for damages due to professional services injury or medically derived injury
- Incidental Medical Malpractice, including use of Defibrillators
- Watercraft Liability if non-owned, any length
- Bail bonds
- Lost Wages Coverage – reimburses an injured person for their lost wages while away from work because of an accident, regardless of fault.
- Professional Liability – offers coverage for professional services provided as a nonprofit and human services organization for services such as social work, foster care services or specialized education services.
- Sexual Misconduct Liability – medical payments and counseling expenses.
- Special Events
- Damage to Property of Home Care Provider
Every nonprofit faces different issues and challenges. We offer a number of additional liability endorsements so you can tailor your policy to your specific needs. Higher limits are available in our umbrella policy for these liability options:
- Non-Owned and Hired Auto — Provides excess liability and medical coverage should legal liability arise out of the use of a non-owned or hired auto.
- Employment Practices — Protects the educational entity against lawsuits that can arise from allegations of wrongful employment practices made by staff members or prospective employees.
- Employee Benefits — Covers negligent acts, errors or omissions arising out of the administration of employee benefit programs.
- Lost Wages Coverage
- Directors, Officers, and Educators Legal Liability — Provides coverage for certain negligent acts, errors, omissions or breaches of duty arising out of the rendering or failure to render educational services by any insured.
- Sexual Misconduct — Protects against legal liability arising from acts of sexual misconduct by a staff member or volunteer.
- Counselors Liability (licensed and fee-based)