You focus on faith. We’ll focus on you.
You change lives every day by providing guidance to your members, helping them grow in their faith, and spreading your mission to the community. And that’s where your focus should stay — so while your congregation puts their faith in you, you can put your faith in us.
We understand your needs, not just because we’ve been in the business for more than 71 years, but because we’re there in your community. We see and use the services and opportunities you provide for the benefit of the greater good, and we know you have a lot of people depending on you. We won’t let them — or you — down.
More than 50,000 commercial policyholders trust us with protecting their organizations. And we’d be proud to protect yours, too. When the unexpected happens, we’re here to provide strength and positivity and work alongside you so you can focus on the things that matter most.
Protect your congregation with custom coverage.
With our industry-leading FaithGuard property and liability coverage, you’ll get customized coverage to make sure that your congregation, your staff and your buildings are protected from issues that specifically arise with religious organizations, as well as covering broader problems like property damage and theft.
FaithGuard includes property coverage for buildings, contents, signs, open land and fences.
- Arson, theft or vandalism information reward
- Automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- Earthquake sprinkler leakage
- Equipment breakdown, including computers, boilers and electrical equipment
- Indirect loss – protection when a direct loss causes an interruption to your operations resulting in a loss of business income or extra expenses
- Newly acquired or constructed property – our limits exceed industry standards
- Pastor’s personal property
- Ordinance or law - when building updates are required by ordinance following a covered loss
- Stained glass windows
- Personal effects and property of others on a worldwide basis; for example, property damaged on a mission trip
- Fire and security alarm upgrade - reasonable additional costs to upgrade your system when replaced due to a covered cause of loss
- Utility services interruption (direct damage and time element) for example, a storm knocks out usage of your utilities and causes damage
We want you to be prepared for every eventuality possible, so we’ve developed optional coverages for additional circumstances that could impact your ability to serve your congregation.
- Crime coverage - for losses resulting from theft, employee dishonesty, computer fraud, forgery, and alteration
- Electronic data processing - covers direct physical loss to your computer hardware and software
- Green upgrade coverage - pays to upgrade to more energy efficient and environmentally friendly building elements and appliances in the event of a covered loss
- Inland marine - covers property in transit or in your temporary possession, including unique types of property and possessions of artistic merit
- Key person replacement coverage - reimburses recruitment expenses to replace a senior or executive pastor who dies in a work-related accident
- Limited flood coverage - limited building and personal property coverage when loss or damage is a direct result of flood
If someone is injured or suffers property damage while on church property, FaithGuard’s liability coverage makes sure you’re protected. And it’s not just limited to your place of worship—your liability coverage also protects church members, employees, officials, staff and volunteers. The FaithGuard package policy includes General Liability protection against claims resulting from:
- Medical expenses as the result of bodily injury sustained on your premises, regardless of fault
- Injury resulting from spiritual counseling by your minister or by an employee or volunteer under the direction of your minister
- Expenses resulting from a violent incident occurring during a church-sponsored activity
- Liability for personal and advertising injury offenses, such as libel and slander
We know you don’t want to leave any stone unturned when it comes to making sure your place of worship is covered. We offer a wide variety of additional liability coverages to provide that extra assurance.
- Non-owned and hired auto liability
- Counselors liability (licensed and fee-based)
- Directors, officers and trustees officers liability
- Employee benefits liability
- Employment practices liability
- Lost wages coverage
- Sexual misconduct liability
Your ministry is everything to you. Protecting it is everything to us.
Our coverage has evolved to help protect you from today’s concerns, such as cyber attacks and challenges against religious expression. Our additional coverage also includes:
- Business Auto
- Religious Expression Coverage
- Liability Umbrella Coverage
- Workers’ Compensation
- Group Life (Underwritten by the Kansas City Life Insurance Company)
- Key Employee Life (Underwritten by the Kansas City Life Insurance Company)
Contact us to learn more about our additional coverage.
We’ll be there when you need to rebuild — literally.
When property damage strikes, you can rely on us to get you back on your feet. Our construction company, GC3, understands how critical it is for your congregation to have worship facilities, and they’ll help you rebuild with speed, quality craftsmanship and values you can trust.
No one knows that better than William Carey University in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. When much of the campus was leveled by a category EF-3 tornado on January 21, 2017, GC3 was on the scene within hours to assist with cleanup and rebuilding efforts. Thanks to their dedication, the cafeteria was open in three days, temporary classrooms were ready to go in 10 days, and students were back in the dorms in 28 days. Today, enrollment at William Carey is the highest it’s ever been.
We’ve been behind the scenes helping faith-based communities and houses of worship deliver their messages and uphold their missions for more than 60 years. We’ve used our personal relationships and expertise in the field to create a number of partnership programs designed to help denominations and associations save more and better protect their churches.
Our endorsed partnership programs provide you with exclusive benefits, including incentive opportunities, enhancements to your coverage, dedicated resources and local agents to address your specific needs, and access to risk control materials that will help better safeguard your church. Our Endorsed Programs include:
- Baptist Bible Fellowship International
- The Bible Methodist Connection of Churches
- Church Builders Plus of the Church of God
- Friends (Quakers) Insurance Group
Contact us to learn more about the program and find out how we can partner with you.