Beginning on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, GuideOne Insurance’s team members will work from home. Please know that we are taking steps to minimize disruptions for all of our customers. Read about the steps we are taking and how you can protect yourself and others.
Temporary Suspension of Automobiles
In some cases, stay-at-home orders and business closures have limited the usage of your automobiles. GuideOne is offering temporary (up to 60 days) suspension of liability and collision coverage, and the resulting premium credit, for vehicles that are inactive. Please contact your agent for assistance with this process.
We understand that this is an unprecedented time of uncertainty and we are here to help you and your customers. Effective March 23, 2020, we will hold nonpayment cancellations for 60 days. During this time, late payment charges and nonsufficient fund fees will also be waived.
If you have a customer who is unable to make a premium payment on time due to COVID-19, please have them email our Customer Care Center at email@example.com or call 1-877-448-4331. Our Billing Team is available and prepared to answer questions and provide flexibility with options.
All insureds who are able to make their premium payment on time are encouraged to do so. It is important to note that while we are providing flexibility during this very challenging time, we are not waiving premium payments. In addition, please note that all EFT drafts will process on an insured’s due date. If an insured would like to temporarily remove EFT, please have them contact our Customer Care Center to discuss options.
How does my policy respond to a COVID-19 (Coronavirus) claim?
There is not a single, one-size fits all answer to coverage questions. We know that you and your customers have questions about what will be covered claims related to COVID-19. For property related questions we refer you to your GuideOne property policy, particularly the “direct physical loss” terminology that applies to Business Income coverage as well as any cause of loss exclusions that apply.
- We understand that every situation is unique. If you feel that your customer has sustained a property, general liability or workers’ compensation claim due to the coronavirus, you are encouraged to file a claim report. Our Claims team will assign a GuideOne claims adjuster who will contact your customer to review the details of the claim and make a determination of compensability based on the specific facts of the case and policy language.
- Our Claims team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. To speak with a member of our Claims team or to report a claim, call 1-888-748-4326 or email CLU@guideone.com.
- As for questions your customers have regarding their operations such as whether to suspend business or cancel events, those are ultimately business decisions that they should make using their best judgement and discretion. We cannot answer questions about what may or may not be covered in hypothetical situations.
- As organizations re-open, we advise them to follow local governmental guidelines on timing, attendance capacity and other social distancing and disinfection requirements. Willful disregard of these regulations could lead to cancellation.
As we – and the world health community - continue to proactively monitor COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the health and safety of our employees, distribution partners, customers and visitors will always be our highest priority. GuideOne is taking the following proactive steps to maintain a healthy workplace while continuing regular business operations and providing excellent customer service:
- GuideOne’s team members will work from home, beginning on March 18, 2020. Associates working from home are equipped with the necessary tools and technology to perform their jobs as if in the office.
- All business related travel has been suspended indefinitely.
- Outside parties will not be allowed to visit the GuideOne office. This includes vendors, business partners, friends and family.
- We are encouraging our team members to use phone and video conferencing to maintain our communication with you. Our associates will be checking voicemail regularly and will promptly return all calls.
The Coronavirus has not affected our business operations to date. Our office remains open and you will have the same access to GuideOne personnel and resources as always. This remains a very unique and fluid situation that we will continue to monitor closely and we will send updates as necessary.