Tomorrow's leaders are in your hands.
We'll help you focus on your life's work instead of life's distractions.
As an educator, you’ve got an important job to do. You’re passionate about helping minds grow, teaching lessons that extend beyond textbooks and imparting knowledge that will transform your students into tomorrow’s leaders.
At GuideOne, we understand your needs, not just because we’ve been in the business for more than 71 years, but because we’re in your community. We see how much you invest in your school and your students, and we know you have a lot of people depending on you. We won’t let them — or you — down.
Our full line of coverages and services are designed to offer protection against issues often faced by schools. We can also tailor your policy even further, customizing them for K-12 or private and charter schools.
Coverages specifically designed to protect schools include standard items as well as items that are unique to educational facilities, such as personal staff property, limited liability for students’ personal effects, glass showcases, laboratory animals, loss of refrigerated products, fine arts, alternative key systems, fire and security alarm upgrades, fire extinguisher recharge and more.
The extra property coverages included in the Basic, Broad and Special Policies include:
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Property (180 days)
- Valuable Papers and Records, Cost of Research (other than Electronic Data)
- Electronic Data – replace or restore
- Ordinance or Law:
- Loss of value of the undamaged portions of a building
- Demolition costs and debris removal
- Increased cost of construction
- Appurtenant Buildings and Property in the Open
- Property Off-Premises, including Property In-Transit
- Trees, Shrubs, Plants and Lawns
- Indirect Loss – Blanket insurance for any one or combination of the following:
- Business Income including Rental Value
- Extra Expense
- Tuition Fees
- Action of Civil Authority
- Alterations and New Buildings
- Crisis Event
- Emergency Evacuation
- Outdoor Signs
- Alternate Key Systems
- Lock Repair or Replacement
- Information Reward: Arson, Theft and Vandalism
- Sewer, Drain or Sump Backup or Overflow
- Actual cost for Fire Department Service Charge
- Pollutant Cleanup and Removal
- Debris Removal included in Building Limit (25% maximum), $50,000 Additional Available Limit
- Radio, Television Antennas and Satellite Dishes
- Fire Extinguisher and Automatic Fire Suppression Recharge Blanket Insurance
- Refrigerated Product Loss
- Earthquake Sprinkler Leakage
- Utility Services – Direct and Indirect Damage for each occurrence
- Non-Owned Detached Trailers
- Maintenance Equipment Coverage
- Automated External Defibrillator Coverage
- Accounts Receivable Coverage
- Fire and Security Alarm System Upgrade (Limited to 25% of loss)
- Personal Property of Others – On or Within 1,000 Feet of Premises:
- Property Off-Premises – Including Worldwide Coverage
- Glass Showcases
- Laboratory Animals
You also have the ability to tailor your policy to address your school’s specific needs with additional endorsements that offer more financial protection. This includes many options that exceed industry standards for school insurers, because we believe you deserve the very best we can offer.
- Crime Coverage — Provides protection for money and security losses resulting from theft, burglary, robbery, employee dishonesty, forgery and alteration.
- Inland Marine Coverage — A broad type of insurance that covers valuable possessions that are considered unique, or may be transported from one place to another.
- Time Element Coverages for Extra Expenses and Business Income — In the event of a loss such as a fire, these coverages can help pay for extra expenses incurred to continue operations and business income, including tuition fees that were lost.
- Green Upgrade Coverage — Pays for the reasonable additional costs to upgrade to more energy efficient and environmentally friendly building elements and appliances in the event of a covered loss.
- Limited Flood Coverage — Provides building and personal property coverage on a limited basis when loss or damage is a direct result of flood.
In addition to property coverage, we offer your school protection from legal liability in the event that people are injured or suffer damage to their property. This coverage will protect your school’s legal liability on an occurrence basis with no deductibles in most common situations, as well as situations such as libel and slander; liability for nurses, athletic trainers, student nurses and student athletic trainers; liability from a science laboratory pollution incident; and covered expenses resulting from a crisis event occurring during your school-sponsored activity.
- Newly-Acquired and Formed Organizations (same or similar business)
- Damage to premises rented to you – included up to specified limit
- Crisis Management Coverage
- Counseling Liability
- Medical Payments
- Incidental Medical Malpractice for:
- Student Nurses
- Non-Professional Employees
- Pollution from a Science Laboratory
- Ministerial and Spiritual Counseling provided by Minister (can be licensed)
- Employees and Volunteers for spiritual counseling provided under the direction of the insured and within the course and scope of duties; may not be licensed
Every school faces different issues and challenges. We offer a number of additional liability endorsements so that you can tailor your policy to your specific needs. You can choose your limit under our umbrella policy for these liability options and more:
- Employee Benefits Liability — Covers negligent acts, errors or omissions arising out of the administration of employee benefit programs.
- Non-Owned and Hired Auto Liability — Provides excess liability and medical coverage should legal liability arise out of the use of a non-owned or hired auto.
- Sexual Misconduct Liability — Protects against legal liability arising from acts of sexual misconduct by a staff member or volunteer.
- Employment Practices Liability — Protects the educational entity against lawsuits that can arise from allegations of wrongful employment practices made by staff members or prospective employees.
- Cyber Suite Coverage - Provides up to nine coverages to protect against cyber risks that schools face every day.
To accommodate the special considerations that arise at every school, we offer competitively priced specialty policies with the highest levels of coverage, designed to complement your insurance plan.
- Business Automobile Policy
- Umbrella Policy
- Workers’ Compensation Policy
- ACEAdvantage.net - International Travel Coverage
- Special Services
We’ll be there when you need to rebuild — literally.
When property damage strikes, you can rely on us to get you back on your feet. Our construction company, GC3, understands how critical it is for students to have consistency and routine, and they’ll help you rebuild with speed, quality craftsmanship and values you can trust.